PRIDE ALLY WEEK
This week PRIDE calls our attention to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning voices in our community. PRIDE: Promoting Respect Integrity Diversity and Equality- values people, regardless of gender identity and sexual orientation, and believes all people should be treated with dignity and respect. Waynflete values relationships and has in its core beliefs that diversity is part of excellence. PRIDE invites us all to reflect and revisit how we express our respect and support to our LGBTQ+ students, faculty and families.
PRIDE is sharing what an ALLY is and offering activities to for student and faculty ALLIES to show their support. Here are some highlights.
- Big Waynflete Allies Banner with handprints
- PRIDE announcement at assembly
- Social to learn about LGBTQ+representation in the library
- Discussion groups around stereotyping
- Wear your rainbow of support dress
- “I am an ALLY because…” signs