Join Waynflete College Counseling staff John Thurston and Breda White in Franklin Theater on Tuesday, September 8, for Seniors and the College Application Process. The program will take place in Franklin Theater beginning at 7:00, following the Senior Parent Potluck and the Class of 2016 Pizza Party.
Topics will include:
- Key Dates and Deadlines
- Visiting Colleges and Meeting with Admissions Representatives at Waynflete
- Finalizing College Lists
- The Common Application – Who submits what?
- Completing Essays, Supplements, and Short Answers
- Letters of Recommendation – Counselor Letters, Teachers’ Letters, Supplemental Letters
- Applying for Financial Aid – CSS Profile, FAFSA, Letters of Special Circumstance
- Standardized Testing – SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT, Score Choice, Superscoring, Score-Optional Schools…
Breda and John will highlight the resources in place to support Waynflete students navigating the college application process. The evening is designed for both seniors and their parents, and we strongly encourage students and parents to attend.